TrackMan Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains the personal data we collect from and about you, either directly or indirectly, and how we use it. The notice also covers the choices you can make about the data we collect, and how you can control these choices. It applies to all TrackMan products, applications and websites. Please read this privacy notice carefully to understand when you may provide personal data to us and how TrackMan uses personal data provided. By using TrackMan products and services you agree to the use of your personal data as described in this privacy notice.
TrackMan has a data protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of personal data.
1. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about the use of your personal data, please send us an email to privacy
TrackMan A/S, org. no (CVR) 27352677, having its registered address at Stubbeled 2, Gl. Holte, DK-2950 Vedbæk, Denmark, is a data controller for the personal data we collect through the products and services subject to this privacy notice.
2. SITUATIONS WHERE PERSONAL DATA MAY BE COLLECTED
TrackMan collects certain personal data in each of the following situations:
2.1 Website browsing
We collect information of IP addresses and information provided by cookies or similar technology. Furthermore, we may collect information of your name and e-mail address, if you choose to provide this information to us voluntarily to receive further information of our products and services.
2.2 Enquiries through the TrackMan Sales Force
If you contact TrackMan’s Sales Force via any of our websites, by telephone, e-mail, social media or other channels, we may collect information of your name and e-mail address.
2.3 Purchase of a TrackMan product
When you purchase a TrackMan product we collect information such as your name, billing and delivery address, EU VAT number (for businesses registered in the European Union), e-mail address and phone number.
2.4 Opening of TrackMan account
When you open a TrackMan account and become a registered user we collect information of your name, e-mail and username. Furthermore, we may collect information of your home address, telephone number, gender, age, nationality, golf handicap, dexterity, golfer segment and user category, if you choose to register such information voluntarily.
2.5 Use of products and services by registered users (product owners, including coaches and event/tournament organizers) and non-registered users (players)
When TrackMan products are used we collect performance data, including but not limited to data parameters, video recordings, screen casts, reports, information on player visits, information on creation/cancellation and reactivation of subscriptions, information on downloaded certificates, progress data of lessons and courses, ball data parameters, lifetime stats and achievements/badges depending on the specific TrackMan product and/or service used.
If you use your TrackMan product to collect data from your students, potential customers and/or participants in events/tournaments and/or otherwise make your TrackMan product available to third parties, subject to any applicable limitations in TrackMan’s general terms and conditions for sale and delivery of products and product related services by TrackMan and TrackMan’s terms and conditions for use of account, it is your responsibility as product owner prior to commencement of any such use of the TrackMan product to inform the relevant student/customer/participant of the content of this privacy notice; cf. TrackMan’s terms and conditions for use of account. Upon completion of an event/tournament and/or training session by a player, TrackMan may also share a link to this privacy notice to any student/participant, who has requested to receive a player report in connection with the training session/event/tournament.
2.6 Collection of functional data
In addition to the above, TrackMan collects certain functional data related to the radar equipment and the IT-devices used in connection with the operation hereof, including but not limited to radar system information, GPS data, radar temperature, power on/off date, usage time, user ID, sign-up date, last shot date, IP address, network name, information of connected devices, login date, depending on the product and service used.
3. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
The information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To provide you with detailed and comprehensive data points on your current and historic performance within golf, whether for training and/or leisure purposes;
- To personalize your experience;
- To continuously improve the TrackMan equipment and software and the usability hereof;
- To facilitate TrackMan’s business operations and analysis in relation to development of new products and/or services;
- To ensure a safe and secure product;
- To improve our websites;
- To improve customer support (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To marketing and communication purposes;
- To process orders and transactions;
- To facilitate sharing and disclosure by you of the tracked data;
- For documentation purposes in case of disputes.
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
The processing can be necessary for our performance of a contract between you or your organization; and/or for us to pursue our legitimate interests except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you.
4. INFORMATION SHARING
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company outside TrackMan for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the expressed purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. For example, we may ask for your consent for TrackMan to provide your shot data from a specific driving range you visit and your contact details to third-party sponsor(s) of the specific driving range, if any, in order for the sponsor(s) to provide you with offers for golf related equipment, services, apparel and travel options. Notwithstanding the above, your name and performance in specific events/tournaments may be made available to Trackman’s partners and the public (via leaderboards and similar) in connection with any competition organized by TrackMan or involving use of TrackMan equipment. Further, we may exchange your information with other companies within the TrackMan Group to ensure that we provide you with an efficient and effective service.
We only share information with partners and suppliers if we are satisfied that they have sufficient measures in place to protect your information and only after having necessary privacy notices and/or data processing agreements in place.
5. DETAILS OF TRANSFERS TO THIRD COUNTRY AND SAFEGUARDS
Your personal data may be stored and processed on secure Microsoft cloud servers or other well-known cloud service providers located in the United States of America or in the European Union.
6. RETENTION PERIODS
We will keep your information until the date falling 24 months after termination of your TrackMan account or service and/or other contract with TrackMan, provided that limited information may be retained after such date, if required by applicable law.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights under the applicable data protection laws, including the following rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
- The right to be informed via privacy notices such as this.
- The right of access to any personal information we hold about you. To request a copy of this information you must make a subject access request in writing, either via a letter to TrackMan A/S, Stubbeled 2, 2950 Vedbæk, Denmark, attention: Privacy Officer, or via email to: privacy. (to ensure that we can deal with your request you will need to include your current name and address, proof of identity e.g. a copy of your driving license or passport). We do not charge for making a subject access request.
- The right of rectification, we must correct inaccurate or incomplete data within one month.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing unless we have a legal obligation to process your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to suppress processing. We can retain just enough information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
- the right to withdraw your consent. You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent you may have provided for TrackMan to process your personal data.
- The right to data portability. We can provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form when asked.
- The right to object to processing for directs marketing purposes
9. QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions or wish to make a complaint, comment or compliment about TrackMan’s processing of your personal information, please forward it to e-mail: privacy.
If you are still dissatisfied, you may contact the Danish supervisory authority:
Borgergade 28, 5
DK-1300 Copenhagen K
Tel: 3319 3200
Fax: 3319 3218
If this privacy notice changes in any way, we will place an updated version hereof on this page. By regularly reviewing this page you will ensure that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we share it with others.